glibc diff -> nptl solution -> wtf?

Stefan Wold ratler at lunar-linux.org
Wed Dec 28 10:23:16 UTC 2005

This is my output for nptl, however I'm still on gcc-3.4.4, havn't tested
to build glibc with gcc 3.4.5, but I can try that of course.

gcc -v:
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.4/specs
Configured with: ../configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--enable-languages=c++ --prefix=/usr --infodir=/usr/share/info
--mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-threads
--disable-nls --enable-target-optspace --with-gnu-ld --with-system-zlib
--enable-shared
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.4

libc.so.6:
GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.6, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 3.4.4.
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.14 system on 2005-11-09.
Available extensions:
         GNU libio by Per Bothner
         crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
         Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
         BIND-8.2.3-T5B
         NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
Thread-local storage support included.
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.

My configure flags in glibc BUILD look like this:
  ../configure --host=$BUILD                          \
                --build=$BUILD                         \
                --enable-add-ons                       \
                --enable-kernel=2.6.0                  \
                --with-elf                             \
                --with-headers=/usr/src/linux/include  \
                --with-gd=no                           \
                --without-cvs                          \
                --enable-shared                        \
                --infodir=/usr/share/info              \
                --mandir=/usr/share/man                \
                --prefix=/usr                          \
                $OPTS                                  &&

Sincerely
Stefan Wold