glibc diff -> nptl solution -> wtf?

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Wed Dec 28 15:28:00 UTC 2005

Auke Kok wrote:

>Florin Braescu wrote:
>

>>which must be used only in one branch (the --without--thread one).
>>

>????
>
>I just tried to convert a box from linuxthreads to nptl and it freaks
>out because I LEFT OUT --without-__thread. If you can explain this to me
>I would be grateful: it seems my gcc (compiled with --enable-threads)
>refuses to allow __thread.

I'm trying for 2 days now to compile glibc-2.3.6+nptl with gcc-3.4.5 and
I still get the same error:

[...]
running configure fragment for sysdeps/i386/elf
checking for i386 TLS support... yes
running configure fragment for nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux
running configure fragment for nptl/sysdeps/pthread
configure: error: compiler support for __thread is required

florin, can you please send me the output of `gcc -v` and
`/lib/libc.so.6` ???

anyone else running nptl - please do as well.

Auke