glibc diff -> nptl solution

Florin Braescu florin at lunar-linux.org
Mon Dec 26 07:11:45 UTC 2005

Pe data de Lun 26 Dec 2005 14:33, Auke Kok a scris:
> Hi everyone,
>
> since I'm planning on release in 1.6.0 WITH nptl I need it to be merged
> in moonbase - attached is a reviewed version of glibc's BUILD which
> allows people to manually switch thread type.Uage:
>
> # FORCE_THREADS=nptl lin -c glibc
>
> once done you should do a full rebuild of course - especially gcc FIRST
> and then the rest. I need this patch to be reviewed asap so I can get on
> with the rest of the ISO's I'm working on (i686 AND x86_64).

  Hey Sofar. You're like Santa this year :). I have revised a bit the BUILD
file you proposed and i found a small syntax error and a configure option
which must be used only in one branch (the --without--thread one). However i
have fixed those two. I'm not so happy with the selection mechanism choosed.
Maybe a CONFIGURE option to set the FORCE_THREADS may be more appropiate.
Here is attached the BUILD file.

  Yours,

     Florin