Some new stuff

Joël Vennin jol at lunar-linux.org
Mon Aug 15 13:36:57 UTC 2005

Le Lundi 15 Août 2005 11:59, Jerry Lundström a écrit :
> Joël Vennin wrote:
> > get module that should be updated
> > #> get_updated_module_db /tmp/lunar.db
>
> This function isn't good, it checks the version field text wise.
It is what i've saw yesterday ... now i'm checking the updated filed instead.

> There will always be problems compairing version that are not defined in
> a unified way. Versions in a module can be whatever really.
>
> For example:
>
> 3.12 > 3.2
>
> This will return false since only the part "3.1" is tested against "3.2"
> but infact 3.12 is the lastest.
>
> Add and check the date field insteed as we do today.

Thanks for you participation.

For now i've added a function like lvu tree ... and in fact using a database
should be really nice ... i wait that sofar gives advice about it, because he
is the principal maintainer of lunar script.

Jol

--
He thought of Musashi, the Sword Saint, standing in his garden more than
three hundred years ago. "What is the 'Body of a rock'?" he was asked.