cracklib 2.8.3

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Sun Aug 14 11:48:10 UTC 2005

Florin Braescu wrote:
> Pe data de Lun 25 Iul 2005 05:15, Auke Kok a scris:
>
>>it *must* be in /lib, as /usr *may* be on an unmounted filesystem and
>>'passwd' must be available to set user/root passwords without the /usr
>>filesystem mounted. The current BUILD of cracklib also ensures this.
>
>   Ok, i have tweaked a bit the module and now i think is in a final form.
> Please take a look at this.

This is still problematic as the dictionaries are installed in
/usr/share/cracklib and that gives 2 problems:

1) shadow expects them in /usr/share/dict
2) that's again in /usr/

I'm trying to fiddle and see if we can move the dictionaries to an
acceptable location (perhaps /lib/cracklib which makes most sense to me)
and this will require an adjustment to the shadow module as well.

sofar