Switch to SVN!

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Tue Apr 26 20:17:05 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've migrated our CVS repositories to SVN and moved all the required
exports, so basically everything is active apart from 3/4 misc scripts.
That means that the repo is now open for developer access as normal.
Here's a list of commands that will help you get started:

You MUST checkout a fresh copy of every repository

To checkout moonbase, do:

svn co svn+ssh://username@foo-projects.org/var/svn/lunar/moonbase/trunk
moonbase

other often used svn URLS:

theedge:
  svn+ssh://username@foo-projects.org/var/svn/lunar/lunar/trunk
lunar:
  svn+ssh://username@foo-projects.org/var/svn/lunar/lunar/branches/stable
crater:
  svn+ssh://username@foo-projects.org/var/svn/lunar/moonbase/branches/crater

BTW The local base url on espresso is 'file:///var/svn/lunar/'

making changes is about the same, just 'svn add' files (or even whole
dirs), and then 'svn ci' your changes.

Moving directories can now be done directly with 'svn move dir/file
dir2/' and 'svn ci' for commit afterwards.

Please don't checkout the entire /lunar/ repo... it's huge and an SVN
checkout gets all branches separately, which can take hours!!!

*** PLEASE - ask me or someone else before doing things that you do not
understand. I'm almost always around to assist and explain. ***

note that you can browse SVN online with http://svn.foo-projects.org/ !

also, at http://svn.foo-projects.org/svn/lunar/ there will be anonymous
SVN access through http, later on I'll most likely add https:// access
with the DAV method later.