XOrg-6.8.2

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Mon Apr 11 13:09:53 UTC 2005

Moritz Heiber wrote:

>On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:58:32 +0200
>Auke Kok <sofar at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
>

>>as a matter of fact, I used 'lin -w 6.8.2 XOrg' to install it. I see
>>no reason to hold it hack at 6.8.1. Anyone object?
>>

>Yup, I do.
>
>Somebody was working on a slightly different module (I think it was
>Aaron). He merged it into zbeta. I wonder if it works or not.

the only changes in zbeta/XOrg-test are that libxml2 now is required. I
find that a very limited change that is not needed: although libxml2 is
almost mandatory it doesn't disturb as being optional here.

The changes are therefore zero. The only reason I see not to bump XOrg
is because it would break all ati and nvidia cards' X, for instance. If
this is not the case, then we should just use the current XOrg and not
those changes in XOrg-test.

sofar