kernel naming

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Sun Sep 19 15:30:58 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,
On behalf of [specially] Moe and myself, I wanted to ask
what you ppl think about changing linux-* naming scheme. The
point would be to easily differenciate 2.4 K's from 2.6. We
could keep the beta suffix for 2.6 and call it
linux-2.6-beta [or -26] and linux-2.4 [or -24], for example.
Also, I could add a linux-26-stable, that has been requested
before too. Ideas, complaints, additions... yes, no,
otherwise?...
BTW, I know that the package is called linux, but personally
[and I highlight *personally* ] I would prefer to call it
"kernel", e.g., kernel-2.6, or kernel-2.4 and so on. To be
true, this is more a thought, not so much as a proposal, as
the above. Just brainstorming, I suppose ]:-)
Thanks for listening,
Jaime ;)
--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOTD:
<Fuzzbox> "Lunar dev looking for a pretty girl to show her
the stars"

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)