lcpan - think whatever you want about it

Jerry Lundström prox at lunar-linux.org
Wed Sep 15 08:51:21 UTC 2004

More stuff that will be done:

1. Depends

   I am currently looking into autogenerating cpan module depends for
the thing someone asks to be installed.

2. Ability to add static cpan modules

   We might want to add some static module that may need special CFLAGS
/ LDFLAGS sent to them. One solution to this that I've been thinking
about might be to add modules in moonbase to the section cpan that will have
it's own set of template files (DETAILS.in/BUILD.in etc) that lcpan will
use when generating them.

3. Rebuilding perl

   As ratler mentioned on irc, if we use a new section named cpan we
could reinstall all cpan modules when reinstalling perl with a little
shell magic, I will patch this up to my lcpan once i get sometime.

I want to request help by you all, I am looking for ppl that have
systems they can tests stuff on (vmware, standalone machines or
something you can trash). You dont need to know how cpan work or
anything like that.

Last I want to start a discussion about IF we should implement this, I
really want to know if this is something we lunar people really want
before I spend more time on it.

Thanks all for your reading eyes...