2.6 Kernel with inotify patch

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Thu Oct 14 14:21:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:15:09 -0500
Nick Hudson <nhudson at lunar-linux.org> wrote:

> Is there anyway we can get the new inotify patch into the linux-2.6
> kernel module?  Or does that need to start vanilla for a reason?
> Jaime I dont know you thoughts on adding a patch into the 2.6 module
> and really I dont know the rules.  I would really like to see this
> patch added, the future of Gnome, DBUS and HAL will use this and I
> dont know if Linus will patch it into the tree or not anytime soon.
> If we cant thats fine, just thought I would ask.  I plan on doing some
> testing with it one of these days :)

If you say that the patch won't affect the stability of a stable running
2.6.x kernel we might actually consider integrating it into the 'linux-2.6'
module.
Now I only need to get up my lazy ass and pitch out the linux-2.6 module
(yes, I'm very lazy today). Will happen until the weekend.

Btw .. are you ready for releasing GNOME 2.8 once there is a stable 2.6
kernel module? What are you going to do with dbus?

Regards,

Moritz