linker optimizations

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu Oct 7 13:46:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, October 7, 2004 2:34 pm, Jasper Huijsmans said:
> Hey,
>
> I forgot to post this earlier, but I read a thread on the gnome list about
> optimizations and one of the posts mentioned a way to optimize loading
> time by
> adding -Wl,O1 to the LD_FLAGS:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-September/msg00377.html
>
> Could we add this option to lunar (or is it possible already)?

our linker (from binutils) doesn't seem to support -01, so I'm puzzled
where this guys got the idea from. The stupid thing is that whatever he
wrote is kinda nonsense, since you need to pass it to gcc in CFLAGS (-Wl
is a gcc/cc option, not a ld option), and not LDFLAGS. also, it would make
much more sense to just put -01 in LDFLAGS directly.

none of this works anyway:

/usr/bin/ld: unrecognized option '-01'

sofar