fontconfig problems

Nick Hudson nhudson at lunar-linux.org
Mon Oct 4 15:15:35 UTC 2004

I may or maynot have a nice solution to the fontconfig problems.
Instead of using the fontconfig module, why dont we use fontconfig that
comes with XOrg??  This way fontconfig is updated each time XOrg is,
also it would minimize the risk of problems.  Since Xorg is on a release
schedule so is fontconfig and with each release fontconfig will be
updated to the latest version.  Let me know what you think??

Also I have a few more tests to run on the new version of XOrg, but it
doesnt look like it will be much longer on getting a new release out.
Once I do that then I can start on Gnome 2.8.  Speaking of Gnome 2.8 how
close are we on having a "stable" 2.6 kernel??  When are we planning on
moving to a 2.6 kernel??  Gnome 2.8 depends heavly on Gnome 2.8,
expecially DBUS and HAL.

Nick