modutils && m-i-t ( proposal nº2 )

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Sun Oct 3 16:21:42 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,
Attached is a second proposal for these two modules. What
has changed is that no symlinks are added anymore. Really
what happens is that /lib/modutils/sbin or
/lib/module-init-tools/{bin,sbin}
are added to the PATH, from profile.d/mod*.rc based on
`uname -r`, as sofar suggested. Now that can seem a little
dirty, I know, but it has an extra benefit: man's search
path depends on PATH, so they are dynamically set too. Maybe
you don't like the placement, or maybe the idea, but it is
the easiest [working] solution I have found up to now. Each
module has its own initscript now, too.

Jasper: renaming the binaries with -2.{4,6} would be a bit
painful, since not only would the install in BUILD have to
change, but I would have had to create symlinks for each man
too. Keeping them separate in 2 different dirs is cleaner,
as far as I have been able to see.

We can always choose a better placement, if you ppl think so.

CU,
Jaime ;)))
--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOTD:
<Fuzzbox> "Lunar dev looking for a pretty girl to show her
the stars"

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)