cups + ImageMagick

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Tue Nov 23 23:43:01 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm currently running a 'lunar renew' for like the first time in years and
I've come across several annoyences, most of them related to me just being
a dork .. but two of them being related to lunar:

1) cups' main ftp is overloaded/not available almost 24/7 which is causing
the update procedure to stall. I kicked it out of the DETAILS file for now
and please leave it like that (Yes, I know that the server is up and
running. But it is also handing out random timeouts).

2) ImageMagick .. guys, please, please, PLEASE _DO NOT_ update ImageMagick
in between major release 'milestones i.e. X.Y.Z .. updating to every little
changed ImageMagick version is making my and, most importantly, the user's
day a horrible one as the versions that we have in the moonbase when there
is a dash attached to it are probably outdated within hours.
So from now on I call on you .. please just update to major versions (like
6.1.2123 or something). Thanks a bunch.

Alright, no lets see if I can get some sleep now.

Moe