Testing testing - 2.4.28 testing modules

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu Nov 18 20:28:52 UTC 2004

attached to everyone's pleasure is a set of 4 kernel modules containing:

- the vanilla 2.4.28 module
- the 'stable' module with only base fixes (ahem so that's only one)
- the 'normal' module with the main patches and fixes
- the 'grsec' module with main, fixes and grsecurity patchset

as I have the grsec module running already I feel confident that the
other 3 will work as well, which is why I'm asking all devs to test one
of these kernels and pay attention to the kernel, module and boot label
naming, I believe the -stable kernel uname isn't correct yet.

thanks for testing && helping out folks.

Oh yeah almost forgot ... this patchset conforms to the NEW naming
scheme and doesn't include the aggressinve patchset yet as there are too
many FAILED hunks. As soon as someone finds the time to fix that we can
include them.

also - the patch naming scheme is NOT FOR RELEASE. Please don't
distribute this as being the new kernel modules for 2.4.28.

oh yeah and the boot loader question now asks both for lilo and grub. I
am too tired of kernels running grub while I use lilo just because I
don't want any boot loader to be run. This way all options are open to
everyone (and be honest: you CAN have both lilo and grub installed on a
box.). I want to propose this as the new boot-loader-asking scheme all
around, as it is more easy to understand what is goin on and what will
happen when you choose either lilo or grub (or none... or both).

sofar