Dev meeting

ratler at lunar-linux.org ratler at lunar-linux.org
Tue Nov 2 18:58:47 UTC 2004

>> 1a) 'Is_at_latest_version'. Check wether dependencies are at the latest
>> available version and recompile if needed.
>> Conclusion: To be implented by sofar.
>>

> implemented, the function is module_is_expired() and takes either $1 or
> $MODULE as argument, returns true or false.

Hmm just curious, are we supposed to include things in PRE_BUILD like if
module_is_expired $MODULE; then lin $MODULE; fi?

I just think it's bad to add more logic to the modules, and it just get
more messy. I would prefer if the depends function code could do this
check and just force an update of the depend. And that way it wont be a
problem for ppl who doesn't run theedge (who doesn't have this new
function). But please bitchslap me if I completely missunderstood it.

Sincerely
Stefan Wold