dev meeting irc june 5th 1400EST 2200CET

Jon South striker at lunar-linux.org
Sun May 30 20:43:24 GMT 2004

Auke Kok wrote:

| Hi everyone!
|
| we have some things to discuss and a few devs have proposed we keep a
| plenary meeting in #lunar :
|
| date: june 5th
| time: 1400EST, 2200CET
| loc.: #lunar on freenode
|
| Please rsvp so we know as much people as possible can attend, if not
| otherwise pick a different time/date to do this.

I will definitely be there -- might I suggest a private channel,
however, like #lunar-dev invite/keyed so we keep the peanut gallery and
noise from non-devs to a minimum; unless you'd like it open to the public.

| topics will be up for discussion, mainly:
|
| [ insert discussion text and suggections/critics in the proper section,
| or propose new agenda points for discussion here on top: ]
|

| * outline for a policy/guideline/responsibilties as a dev
| *********************************************************
|

| * dependency problems in current moonbase and core code
| *********************************************************
|

| * old/unmaintained modules in moonbase
| *********************************************************
|

| * future development and priorities
| *********************************************************
|

| * regular meetings/discussions
| *********************************************************
|
| - monthly irc meetings
| - online TODO component (perhaps using the issue tracker)

I'd also like to add to the agenda, Security Updates and Update
Monitoring. It has already been discussed that a security team is
needed, I think it would be nice to have a plan of action and set up
guidlines for dealing with urgent security updates. As for the update
monitoring, there are several modules that slip through version bumps
and in some cases go 2 years without being bumped. This of course might
go under the "old/unmaintained modules in moonbase" agenda, but I think
we need to discuss other ways of watching for updated versions for
particular modules.

- -Striker

- --
The system requirements said "Windows 95 or better."
So I installed Linux.

v1sw6CUhw5ln4pr5ck4ma6/7u8Lw3Tm5l6+8GOa21s6Mr2e5+7t5/6TNDVESLFRXMb3Hp0en6/7g9ASTHCNMP
www.hackerkey.com

Registered Linux User: 332618
<http://striker.interhact.net/striker.asc>