Some way to depend more things under one depends/optional_depends

Jerry Lundström prox at lunar-linux.org
Wed May 26 12:52:23 GMT 2004

I got the information today on #lunar that module gimp doesnt build if
you enable Python support.

This has to do with the fact that when gimp is built with
--enable-python it will look for pygtk2.

After a disccusion with sofar he suggested changing the optional_depends
from Python to pygtk2, altho this might fix the current problem I
dissagree with it.

We have no way in DEPENDS too add more than one module per question and
I dont like the solution some modules have to do questions in the way of
"say yes to me if you said yes above".

I would like to see a way to add more depends according to what you
answer, for example maybe making optional_depends able to take more then
one module or a little something I just scribbled down:

is_depended()  {
   debug_msg "is_depended ($@)"
   # Is $1 a previously selected dependency of any module.
   return $(grep -q "^$1:$2:on:" $DEPENDS_STATUS)
}

(NOTE: yes I know I checked it in already and yes I know that it was
wrong to do and I am sorry about that)

This could be used after depends and optional_depends like this:

optional_depends "dep" "" "--enable-dep" "For dep"

is_depended $MODULE "dep" && depends dep2

What do you think is the best solution?

/Jerry