postgresql, again.

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Tue Mar 30 17:34:51 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 01:38 pm, Nick Hudson wrote:
> good god I am a freak ... saw=say
>
> nick

I was able to translate. Anyway. Here is the module. For now it adds tcl, perl
and python as optional dependencies. It lins fine for me. The only problem
someone may have would be with a lin of those options.

The next step will be to add a init script for boot and initialize the
database. Oh and to give the choice of where you want the database to live.
Redhat and Mandrake place it in /var. Which seems kind of an odd place to put
such a thing. Is there an alternate default location prefered or is /var ok
for that?

All this is as mentioned before, to prep postgresql to use postgis as a
plugin. Then there will be some additonal things for postgis and the things
it needs. Postgis has to be compiled with the postgres source tree. So my
thinking is not to bother with a postgis module. It (postgis) will have to be
an optional dependency of postgresql because of that.

Anyway that's what I have in mind and heres the intitial changes attached.

--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org