Xfree 4.4

Nick Hudson nhudson at lunar-linux.org
Thu Mar 25 16:05:01 GMT 2004

I have fixed some problems with the Xfree 4.4 module.  one of which it
wasnt setting the host.def file in the correct location and it wasnt
exporting the computers CFLAGS, so it was just building with no CFLAGS
in the compiler.  If anyone wants the module it is now being kept at
http://www.lunar-linux.org/~nhudson/modules

On another note I will be working on seperating the Xfree86 module into
4-5 diffrent module sets, for example xfree86-libs, xfree86-drm,
xfree86-fonts, xfree86-docs, xfree86-server.  This might change once I
start on them which will probobly be sometime after the Gnome 2.6 stuff
gets put into moonbase.

Also I am working on getting the XOrg's xserver into zbeta soon for
testing.  I would like to see us one day soon move to this xserver as
our default.  As it looks like the Xfree team wont change the license
issue.  Anyway the module for now is in crater and once I have it
actually working I will move it over to zbeta so everyone can test it.

Thanks

Nick