lunar documentation overhaul - part 2: which documents do we need/want?

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Mon Mar 22 00:37:32 GMT 2004

Feel free to comment:

 > a) create a list of *WHICH* documents we want to have and in *WHICH*
 > form we need them. (suggestion: manual pages, web pages, pdf's/docbook
 > docs)

a1) -manual pages: lin, lrm, lget, lunar, lfirsttime, moonbase
     -including html equivalent for website (man2html?).

a2) -howto collection, in html/docbook/pdf (?)
      +lunar related howto's:
        * setting up lunar
        * making modules
        * without network or cdrom install
        * optimizing lunar
        * how the core works (expert - inner core workings)
        * ...
      +general installation howto's
        * make bootfloppies
        * 2.6 howto (incl. udev)
        * lilo howto
        * grub howto
        * devfs howto
        * ...

a3) -lunar "compared" as in benchmarks, comparisons, advertising, etc...

 > b) create a list of documents that we HAVE and would be usefull in
 > creating the end result documents

Most of the named modules are already there in whatever form we have
them. Do we want to make all docs docbook (so we can export them to html
and pdf?)?.

We need a list of files. I want to assemble a FILE list and setup a
repository. anyone knowing of any files should submit them (?).

 > c) create a list of people prepared to work on these documents in a
 > short timespan

I'm willing. Who more? nestu, bkw have already responded positively..

 > d) assign a project leader and deputy that coordinizes this (please no
 > me aargh nooo).

well?

sofar