lunar documentation overhaul

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Sat Mar 20 20:36:47 GMT 2004

proposal:

* we do a complete overhaul on all documentation

reason:

* do I need to explain this?

[ I leave this as is up to all of you. As I see we have enough devs to
rewrite all the docs within a week, and making it a team effort with a
short timespan and large focus might finally give us the set of docs
that we really want. we just need to organise it that way. if people can
run a company with thousands of people... we can get 30 developers and a
few interested people into a few good docs. after all - we already have
most of them right? ]

-sofar
   length: 7 days
   start: 21th march
   end:   28th march

   objectives:
   a) create a list of *WHICH* documents we want to have and in *WHICH*
   form we need them. (suggestion: manual pages, web pages, pdf's/docbook
   docs)
   b) create a list of documents that we HAVE and would be usefull in
   creating the end result documents
   c) create a list of people prepared to work on these documents in a
   short timespan
   d) assign a project leader and deputy that coordinizes this (please no
   me aargh nooo).

2) assignment phase
  - assign different components to different people for assigned periods,
   publicly advertising for vacancies in lunar-ML and #lunar
   length: 3 days
   start: 29th march
   end:   01th april

   objectives
   a) make sure everyone understands they have a deadline that we intend
   to keep them on.... it's nice to have stuff finished.
   b) make sure people know where to focus on

3) work phase
  - everyone works on their document for X days, either alone or in
   groups
   length: X days
   start: 02th april
   end: 02th + X

   objectives: get a decent set of base docs

4) review phase
  - everyone reviews N other documents and adds or edits stuff
   length: Y days

5) publish phase
  - we merge all types of docs and publish them in appropriate places.