mom dev meeting 20040612 - actions/tickets

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Tue Jun 22 15:00:05 GMT 2004

Please raise TICKETS if applicable at http://lunar-linux.org/?q=node/add/project_issue/31 so we can track what has been finished and what hasn't. Ticket updates are posted to lunar-bugs as well.

/sofar

mom with thanks to elaine
===========================

We talked extensively at the 12 june dev meeting principally on 2 topics.

1. addressing unmaintained / broken modules in the moonbase

The primary thrust was to move these orphans to their own section
of moonbase ('unmaintained').

proposed criteria:

1) it works
2) we don't want to update it because of some reason
3) (or)it's a very old app that won't be rewritten
4) there are problems with it making it a 'problem' some very old / unchyanging sources dont' belong in 'unmaint'

It became clear that different people have different views of 'unmaintained'
(is it the developer dropping work or our $MAINTAINER(s) not keeping up?)

Also, there are valid reasons to *not* want to lose the section context,
where the alternative seems to be 'simply delete these modules'.

Action items: (voting was postponed for after we define the issues)

  JMhodges will collate / publish ideas about what 'unmaint' means

[ TICKET : none raised yet ]

  Striker volunteered to improve the what is new bot using SF RSS feeds

[ TICKET : none raised yet ]

2.  Florin proposed adding code to lunar to 'phone home' the list of
    installed modules. (I believe in order to improve our knowlege of
    what modules are in most frequent use, hence helping guide moonbase
    quality efforts.)

[ TICKET : feature request not raised yet ]

Action items from dev mtg 1 (5 june)

Striker, HK, Moe will build a new / complete 'new-developer guide / guideline'

[ TICKET : http://lunar-linux.org/?q=node/view/298 ]

Whoever is responsible for 'aliases' and 'groups' needs to delineate
how they are to be implemented.

[ TICKET : http://lunar-linux.org/?q=node/view/299 ]

The big action item is the dependency db overhaul, Our ground rule
laid out by sofar is that fixing this must preceed new core code work.

[ TICKET : none raised yet ]

Agenda / date:time for next mtg:     TBD