./configure

Jeff Hodges jmhodges at lunar-linux.org
Fri Jun 18 00:02:50 GMT 2004

Ok, I'm seeing lots of people wandering into #lunar with the SAME
problem across many modules (grep, cups, MPlayer, xine-lib the list goes
one).  They all are having their ./configure file come out has
nonexecutable!  This appears to be happening in both lunar AND theedge.
It appears to be all newbies but other than that I cannot find a link.
Agh! None appear willing to bug it up either and since I can't replicate
it, I don't want to be the one that has to be contacted.  On a related
note, when I had one switch from lunar to theedge, they saw this error:
<dswain> /sbin/lin: line 244: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
<dswain> /sbin/lin: line 244: ` ;                      shift   ;;

I had dswain simply run lin theedge but I wasnt able to stick around to
see if it worked or not.  I've also tried telling some to lin lunar but
no one seems to be telling me if it works or not.  I'm becoming
impatient with these folks.  Can anyone confirm any of this?
Thanks
--
Jeff