lunar API && moonbase cleanup - Important

elaine at fwsystems.com elaine at fwsystems.com
Thu Jul 8 17:37:08 GMT 2004

Sofar et al

1. I thought we'd agreed that (impactful) changes to core are on
   hold until after cleaning up moonbase. (and while I like what
   you're doing here Sofar, it doesn't strike me as a critical
   issue that indicates/requires a change of course).

2. If we're going to deprecate some elements of moonbase syntax
   I can't see a reason to proceed to obsoleting that syntax in
   2 months time. -- Users ought (imo) never be forced to update
   core for non-critical changes.

3. Therefore for my $0.02 I'd rather let deprecated syntax be removed
   by attrition, with the proviso that use of new syntax might want
   to turn up an error message (and that new syntax not be introduced
   into 'critical' modules.

4. Let me know if I'm missing something here, again as far as I can see
   this change is orthogonal to th things we had agreed to do and the
   also to the changes that are pending a vote/decision.