Lunar Improvement

Florin Braescu florin at lunar-linux.org
Tue Jul 6 04:24:32 GMT 2004

Pe data de Mar 06 Iul 2004 02:13, joel vennin a scris:

> 	Hello every one,
> I've think a little but (usefull) improvement inside the lunar script. In
> fact, florin and me are main maintener of KDE packages, so as you know some
> times maintening some packages is boring. The "improvement" is about BUILD
> files but it can be extend to other.
>
> I explain, the most parts of kde BUILD file are the same (i think it's the
> same for gnome), so we can reduce size of build file and facilitate the
> update of some packa ges. In the same  way we can make generic functions to
> do some works.
>
> For the improvement just some changes:
>
> in the config file /etc/lunar/config we can add a variable like this
> LUNAR_TEMPLATE=$MOONBASE/template
>
> add a function into lunar which can be called use_template.
>
> it's definition:
> use_template () {
>   . $LUNAR_TEMPLATE/$1
> }
>
> So, this function can be used inside BUILD file, like this for kde package:
> (
>    use_template kde.build
> ) > $C_FIFO 2>&1
>
> where the kde.build file is inside the $LUNAR_TEMPLATE directory.
>
> So this is not outstanding, but very useful, IMO.
>
> Tell me what do you think about it and if you want i can add it into
> theedge.

  I like the idea. However there are minor differences between the BUILD files
of the kde modules. The configure options are not the same (for example some
apps do not compile with --enable-final option). In that case it will be
needed some parameters for the template and i do not know if the gain is big
enough.

  Florin