gcc/ncurses ETA / Xfree issue

Nick Hudson nhudson at lunar-linux.org
Thu Feb 19 16:51:28 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 23:51 +0100, nestu wrote:

> Auke Kok wrote:
> > 3) I have a sandbox with xserver, it runs fine under svga (no specific
> > driver for my card) and is production ready, certainly. Might miss a few
> > extensions thoug. I think we should push the -cvs module version a bit
> > so this gets developed better, so whip out nicks modules and try to get
> > it to work. Driver support seems okay for mainstream, haven't tried
> > DRI/DRM yet (no idea weather it will work completely)
> Yeah, maybe we could bitch a little at freedesktop, and get
> things moving there :þ
> If xfree86's instalation is unaffected, I may give it a try
> (install in another prefix?)

I have made some freedesktop.org xserver modules and put them into
crater along witha profile on building it that is broke atm, but
hopefully I will fix that tonight.  I have been using it for a few days
now http://www.nhudson.org/ss/gnome2.5.4-xserver.png .  There is still
alot of work to be done before it can be considered has a viable
replacment of XF86.

Speaking of XF86, why cant we bother with 4.4??  Is it due to the
license change??  I guess I havent kept up with the peoblems they have
been having.  I have been running 4.3.99.902 for while now with no
problems.

Nick