glibc nptl enabled

Florin Braescu florin at lunar-linux.org
Sat Aug 21 18:16:47 GMT 2004

Hi everybody,

  The last two weeks i was bussy with gcc 3.4.1 and glibc 2.3.3. As i was
unable to compile linuxthreads at a moment so i have tried a new way. I have
enabled the nptl (Native POSIX Threads Library) support for glibc and i have
rebuilded all the stuff on the system.

  The process was not easy. I had a borked gcc for some time, some compile
problems with a few of the moonbase modules and other related problems. I do
not recommed for production systems this stuff. It's for testing purposes
only. However my system is stabilized now and it works fine and fast. I even
use the udev all the time.

  The only big problem i have now it's the SDL stuff (related games don't
work :( ). I have tried the LFS patch, and SDL compiles fine now but many
related apps crash with a segmentation fault error.

  For the curious ppl i insert here the stuff i have finded, installed and
tested do far.

  Florin