udev support

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Wed Aug 11 15:15:17 GMT 2004

Hola, Jasper & Nick,
> Jasper,
>
> 	Thats basically the problems I had, to solve that open up
> your /etc/uydev/udev.permissions and change the defauly 0755 to 0660.
> Then in /etc/udev/udev.conf change the "default_mode" from 0770 to 0660
> and "default_group" to "users" that should fix the problem.  Did for me
> anyway and now everything works fine.  Let me know how things go.
I suppose as a quick fix it is fine ;)

> Nick
;)

>>Jaime, you rule! I've always been to lazy to set up udev properly on
>>/dev instead of /udev. Your new mount script works perfectly!
Thanks :D Cool, good to know it works fine ;)

>>Two permission problems: null and urandom. Maybe we can add them to the
>>permissions script.
Mmmm, I have to fix perms in the 2.6 howto for console and
null, so that was a good reminder too.
urandom will be there in the permissions script, don't worry ;)

>>thanks,
>>	Jasper
Thanks for testing it !

To both of you: I think these issues will be solved as soon
as I add the perm and rules files. For all the nodes that
dont have an entry in these files, udev creates node with
the default perms. Therefore, once these have been added,
the problem hopefully should dissapear. I will try to get
this done problem today.

Reach you back in a while!

CU gentlemen,
Jaime ;)
--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOTD:
<Fuzzbox> "Lunar dev looking for a pretty girl to show her
the stars"

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)