gaim, the horror of the scroll buffer...

Jerry Lundström prox at lunar-linux.org
Tue Aug 10 14:15:40 GMT 2004

Hi all,

----cut&paste from patch----
Here is a patch for the weirds scroll buffer bug ive ever seen.
Since the new code for moving the scroll was introduced in 0.77
i have not been able to use gaim since when the scroll buffer
got somewhat big it would not scroll down to the last line. It
would insteed scroll to about 25% of the buffer.

I dont know if it has anything to do with the fact that y and
height isnt initizated or if its rect but that code is harmless
so I kept it.

What I do think it is is the scroll_to_mark, it was set to
scroll the buffer and put the mark top right, changing it to
1.0, 1.0 sets the mark to bottom right.

This top right with the fact that im using weird fonts might
be the problem, somehow its calculated wrong.

This patch has been tested on other ppl that didnt have the
problem and it works for them too.

I am hoping that all of you that use gaim can download and test if your
scroll function works correctly with the attached module.

Just download it, unpack in zlocal, enable zlocal override, lin -c gaim.

I will in a few days send this off to the gaim developers and I'd really
liked if more then just me and ratler have tested it.

I am very sure this is a correct fix tho but you never know.

//prox *SO DAMN HAPPY HE CAN USE GAIM 0.81 AND NOW OLD 0.76 NOW!!!*