module BUILD file problem

Nick Hudson nhudson at lunar-linux.org
Tue Aug 10 02:30:12 GMT 2004

I guess this question needs to be directed at sofar, and maybe I missed
something over that last few months also and if I did please let me
know.  I am creating a module that requires me to create a new user and
group before I do a make install.  But in the BUILD file if I put the
following:

groupadd  newgroup 2>/dev/null
useradd   newuser  -g  newgroup  2>/dev/null

The BUILD file will stop and return a error.  Now was there something
changed that does not allow this in the BUILD file?  Because if I put it
in POST_INSTALL things works fine.  But with this particular module for
it to install correctly and work correctly the user and group needs to
be added before the make install.

Thanks

Nick