leadership?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at lunar-linux.org
Thu Apr 22 21:51:01 GMT 2004

csm at Lunar-Linux.org wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Nick Hudson spewed into the bitstream:

> NH>>elections?
> NH>>
> NH>>So I am soliciting opinions among the leadership of this group. Should we
> NH>>have elections to pick a new leader or should I simply choose one?
> NH>>
> NH>>
> NH>Personally I think elections is the smart way to go.  How would we
> NH>classify the person/s elected??  What would be his/hers role when and if
> NH>elected??  I guess elections can raise questions like this but I guess
> NH>they do need to be answered if we are going that way.
>
> Well the role is that of "Benevolent Dictator" or so I have always
> interpreted it. The title is the one I have in my sig. The responsibility
> is overall for the success or failure of the project.
>
> Since I don't want to *edict* my own replacement I think I should have the
> right to nominate a replacement and I nominate sofar.

Personally, I can't really imagine anyone having objections against
sofar taking the role of lunar linux leader.

We don't have a social contract or a constitution, like another unnamed
community project, so perhaps we could just have an irc dev meeting and
agree to elect sofar.

If there is to be an election we need other candidates as well. Would
anyone else want the position? That would be a good reason to vote.

	Jasper