[LLSA 2004-04-16] Updated MySQL module fix security issue (mysql 4.0.18)

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Fri Apr 16 12:06:31 GMT 2004

Jerry Lundström wrote:

> Hi ppl, this is a draft. What do you think?
>
> I was thinking about this and Id like to have a webpage somewhere that
> ppl can do this kind of LLSA. The page should, after you update the
> module ofcourse, generate a new moonbase.tar.gz on the fly and send
> this mail to lunar-security at lunar-linux.org and to all the good
> security lists out there (bugtraq etc etc).
>
> I dont think we have anything to lose by this, I think it would be a
> nice thing to show ourself alittle more in the public.

the new website system has excellent plugins for that, yesterday I
already wrote a drupal plugin to do some special form handling with an
extra permission system. I would like to stress that only a few people
may authorize these messages, whereas any dev can submit a security
announcement. (I am strongly opposed using a password-less signing key!).

sofar