postgresql module done, wanna try it?

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Mon Apr 5 08:44:05 GMT 2004

The changes made are;

1. Asks if you want openssl, tcl, python and perl. Yes or no.

2. Checks if there is a database at /var/lib/pgsql/data, if there is do not
initialze, if not then initialize.

3. Adds a start/stop script to /etc/init.d and runs chkconfig.

AFAICT it all works fine for me. Tho only thing I can't figure out is a
message when stopping the daemon. It says;

Stopping PostgreSQL:  No directory. logging in with HOME=/
ok

Can't figure out where that is coming from.

Next will be getting postgis into postgresql. I was going to merge the two but
a chat with florin convinces me otherwise. Looking through moonbase I see
mysql follows a breakout of sorts so I will follow suit.

Anyway, if some could try this out and let me know how it goes, it is much
appreciated.

--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org