Apologies (fwd)

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Wed Sep 17 23:21:25 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 23:09, Chuck Mead wrote:

> 	Hello Chuck. Feel free to read this, feel free to delete it the choice
> is up to you.
> 	The reason I'm writing you, is just to apologies for my behavior. Not
> so long ago, and my behavior over the period of time you had to deal
> with me. I realize why you removed me from the team, especially after
> reaching the breaking point on September 12. I do now realize how I
> disrespected Nick and the rest of the team, and no matter what my
> reasons were or situation was at that time, it was unacceptable and I
> won't offer any lame excuses for my behavior. I fucked up and that's the
> bottom line.
> 	I don't expect you to unban me or even reinstate my shell/CVS account
> for that matter; I know I wouldn't. My only goal in writing this is to
> apologies to you and the rest of the team for being an asshole. Sorry,
> for the trouble I caused. I wouldn't feel right, if I at least didn't
> apologize.

suggest:

unban him from IRC, I'll take his IP out of the blocklists. He starts
where every dev starts out all over, at the beginning (no CVS access
until enough work done on code/patches etc etc). If he's interested, and
shows the effort in helping lunar out he'll know he has to regain some
(mount-everest sized amount of) trust. If we ever get there, we can sure
trust him to be sincere. If not, no (major) harm done.

I'm not to decide about everyone, just about giving everyone a fair
chance... who am I to hold a grudge?

sofar

PS: printed and framed that e-mail!

--