gdm sessions problems

r0dzilla r0dzilla at lunar-linux.org
Mon Oct 6 14:57:09 GMT 2003

Nick Hudson, I more information about the problems I've had with gdm:

I first had problems with gdm and gnome 2.4, but the error message gnome
spat out only said something about gnome settings daemon didn't run or
something.

Now that I am using XFCE I'm having simular problems, but XFCE's error
message sheds new light on the problem.

I have attached my .xsession-errors file.  It seems that xfce4-session
can't find/execute xfce-mcs-manager.

The 'which' command can find this just fine under my user account, but
it seems that gdm's environment does not have the proper path...

This may be the same problem I was having with gnome 2.4.

Any suggestions?