initscripts: font fix && modules

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Thu Nov 6 16:31:37 GMT 2003

Hi again,
Thanks for your answer, Jasper ;)

[ ... ]
> No, loadkeys has to be moved ot /bin. /usr may not have been mounted  yet.
K ;)

[ ... ]
>>     * /etc/sysconfig/keyboard: export KEYMAP=es
[ ... ]
>>     * /etc/sysconfig/i18n: export SYSFONT=lat0-16
[ ... ]
> Are the 'export's required? I would think just setting the variable  should
> work.
You are right, no need to export, I placed the export just
in case ;) ( Just made
sure ) ;)

> You are right, this functionality is still missing. I wonder how redhat
> handles this, through kudzu perhaps?. csm said he preferred a separate
> initscript for this, so we could adapt the current script to run early
> in the startup for all runlevels, but that may be a bit late.
>
> The rc.sysinit script does have a line about running /etc/rc.modules  for
> backward compatibility. I could add the module loading there.
>
> In fact, that may make all the other module probing in rc.sysinit
> redundant.
> It does put the responsibility for loading the correct modules in the
> hands of
> the user/admin, but that sounds like a good thing anyway.
Personally, I prefer doing the load the /etc/modules way
(with whatever
name you leave it, as /etc/rc.modules, for example), unless
there is any
reason for not doing so this way.

BTW, On reboot and on halt, I get this msg:

INIT: Switching to runlevel: 6
INIT: Sending all process the TERM signal
INIT: Sending all process the KILL signal
Starting killall
Sending all processes the TERM signal...
Sending all processes the KILL signal...

That is I get the same msg twice.

Thanks!
CU,
nestu ;)
--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)