initscript problems (reformatted)

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Mon Nov 3 17:16:47 GMT 2003

[ *** Sorry, last was formated badly with tabs, so I resend
;) *** ]

Hi, there!
A couple of things with new initscripts:

1 ) On reboot, this is what happens:

		The system is going down for reboot now
		INIT: Switching to runlevel : 6
		INIT Sending process the TERM signal
		INIT Sending process the KILL signal
		INIT no more processes in this level

	Then it stays stuck there, and does nothing else, it does
not complete the reboot. This does not happen with old
initscripts. As a side note, due to this reboot not ending,
if I do a hard reboot, I get this message:

		Your system appears to have shut down uncleanly.

	Again I do not get this message with the old initscripts. ;)

2 ) On boot, I get this message:

		Mounting local filesystems	[ OK ]
		swapon: /dev/hda1: device or resource busy.

3 ) klogd, syslogd are not running, yet minilogd is. My
firewall is not being logged to /var/log/messages, that is
used by syslogd, for example. klogd and syslogd do run with
old initscripts.

Anything you want me to test, to add to this info, or to
have a look at, please reach me back.
CU,
nestu.

--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)