Request to reply mails

Niki Guldbrand nikig at vip.cybercity.dk
Fri May 2 21:57:17 GMT 2003

Hi.

Just some "mad" idea i got:

<niki> What about we start to reply to mail which requstest support
       like, a module version bump, or fixing an error in a module, or
       the like, with a mail which clearly states if the issue has been
       fixed or not ?
<sofar> yeah we need to
<florin> hi niki
<sofar> unfortunately I've been quite unable to mail this week because
        of gettext-hell here
<niki> I will send a mail to lunar-dev proposing this, because now that
       have come back from Norway, i have to figure out what has been
       done
<niki> hehe, well as long as you don't forget ;o)
<niki> hi florin
<niki> what do you say to this florin ?
<sofar> niki: it should be informal/casual
<florin> seems resonable
<niki> What do you mean ?
<sofar> well, it shouldn't be "obligatory" that people get a certain
        response
<florin> when someone ask somethig it's civilised to give him a response
<sofar> yes yes
<niki> Yeah...
<sofar> but a note from niki saying "it's fixed" about a module is all
        we need
<niki> We do this at work, and it works realy well
<florin> you can motivate him to see more serious the lunar distribution
<niki> Yeah, something like that, or maybe more informative depending on
       the request mail
<florin> remeber me ?
<florin> :)
<niki> And then ppl also know when things has been fixed ;o)
<niki> And don't sit around not knowing...
<sofar> I need to get console mail to work
<niki> And we also have to do this with the "What is new bot" mails,
       just to help our selvs
<sofar> I'm too dependant on evolution
<niki> hehe..
<sofar> what about the bot?
<sofar> oh I fixed it last week BTW
<sofar> it shouldn't send out empty messages any more
<niki> You need a second machine (Which is stable) for mails and such
<sofar> I also dropped the refresh rate to 4x a day
<sofar> niki: I so so so do
<sofar> been thinking about putting my mail on Tau's laptop ;^)
<niki> hehe,  that was a good idea
<niki> hehe
<niki> I ment to reply to the bots mails when they have been
       fixed/updated, to inform the other devs that it has been done.
<sofar> niki: I see, good point
<sofar> niki: we could even track the updates ourselves with an e-mail
<niki> Well i think i'll just paste this, easier than writing from
       scratch ;o)
<niki> Hows that ?
<niki> Well, the reply also needs to be sent to the lunar list, so that
       users can keep track too
<niki> What about  some web page where we could see pending updates, or
       something like that ?
<sofar> niki: just reply to the bot!

Any body got comments on this idea ??
That will make it easier for the users to keep track of what is
happening in Lunar land ;o)

Best Regards

Niki Guldbrand