misc lunar-penguin projects

Auke Kok auke.kok at planet.nl
Tue Mar 18 00:54:40 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I currently have 3 unmaintained projects in my homedir that I hardly
have the time to develop. Something I am ashamed of but also something
that I wish to change.

One of my ideas is to "donate" the project to lunar-penguin or have it
hosted there (webpage, cvs, download) in order to assure the project can
grow on.

the projects I am immediately searching space for and that I wish to
open up for everyone to develop to are ferm (high level firewall
language parser for ipfwadm, ipchains, iptables), netstat-m (a
masqueraded connection lister) and checkperms (a bash permission
checker).

I am hereby asking all devs and involved people to consider the
possibility of growing lunar-penguin out to something it was meant to
become when it was founded. Gemini certainly belongs there too.

I would also like to receive your opinions about this relatively soon.
If you have time, please reply and state your opinion, I really want to
get these projects "alive" again soon, preferably before I forget about
them completely ;^)

sofar

--
Auke Kok <auke.kok at planet.nl>