Lunar Installation Manual

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at lunar-linux.org
Tue Jul 29 14:28:59 GMT 2003

Apologies for sending it twice already with the wrong mail addy :(

Hey Drew,

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:52:15 -0400
Drew Swayze <drew at lunar-linux.org> wrote:

> Hey Folks.
>
> I finished the preliminary framework for the Lunar install manual, and
> have attached both the html and sgml versions for your perusal.  I'm
> hoping that you all will provide some feedback on this, so that I can
> fix any errors I may have missed, or add in additional information for
> potential Lunar users that I haven't thought about.

Great to see some lunar user documentation! I just went through the text
and here are a few comments

- Perhaps it's silly, but you use .sgml as filename extension, but the
file says it's docbook XML 4.1.2. Wouldn't .xml be more appropriate?

- Beginning the installation -> Getting the Lunar installation CD ?

- why not use sect1 to format the sections, instead of bridgehead?

<sect1>
  <title>blahblah</title>
</sect1>

- Hans Reiser File System -> Reiser File System ?

- I'm not at all sure, but I thouhgt it was 'journalled' filesystem
instead of journalized.

- Add your name to it! You did the work, you should get the credit. Plus
a copyright statement and perhaps even license, I guess.

- I'm not sure, but perhaps in the intro we should mention the target
users for Lunar. "If you don't know what a partition is, you'd better
find out before installing Lunar..." ;-) It may be hard to come up with
a good description, though.

Looks pretty good to me.

Thanks,
	Jasper