New 2.6.0 naming

ratler at lunar-linux.org ratler at lunar-linux.org
Thu Dec 18 13:06:56 GMT 2003

Maybe we should change the naming scheme for our kernels. For 2.4 will be
default untill we consider 2.6 stable enough to use in lunar.
We probably want both kernel 2.4 and 2.6 to coexist for a while in
moonbase. So for now linux will stay 2.4 linux-grsec and so on as well.

Currently for 2.6 maybe name them linux26  linux26-grsec etc etc.
When we are ready to put 2.6 as default we simple rename lunar too
lunar24, lunar24-grsec and so on and rename linux26 to linux.

Did that make any sense at all? ;)

/Stefan Wold