KDE Dev Modules in Moonbase

Nick Hudson nhudson at lunar-linux.org
Wed Dec 10 15:24:04 GMT 2003

I have a questions for all and for the few who are putting the KDE
testing modules into moonbase.  Why are we doing this?  For myself being
on dialup it makes for a longer download of the moonbase ... but thats
not the real reason, im kind of complaining here.  Personally I look at
it this way moonbase is for the latest stable or latest software
availiable ... and it sometimes gets confiusing  if you have 2-3 version
of KDE in moonbase at one time.  Why arent we using crater for the
testing of KDE?  I use crater all the time for testing Gnome modules,
like now I am using it for the Gnome 2.5.x Desktop Series which works
out fine to test with.  You screw something up you dont have to worry
about effecting hundereds of users at one time.  I dont mean to sound
rude in doing this I just think there is a better way to do development
and doing it in moonbase is the wrong place for it.

Nick