irc and ip change

Jeff Hodges jmhodges at lunar-linux.org
Tue Aug 26 16:39:11 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 16:18, Auke Kok wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 22:14, Jeff Hodges wrote:
> > Hey
> > Just moved into the dorms and apparently irc is being nasty.  Apparently
> > once again the admins at my college are being naughty with the network
> > and irc loads slow but thats not the real problem.
> > The real problem is that I managed to log onto dbguin once for irc but
> > yelled at me for the wrong ip and i foolishly disconnected because i had
> > to go to class.  Now I get to
> > --- *** Checking ident
> > --- *** No identd (auth) response
> > And it stops.  My static ip has changed because I moved into the dorms
> > (obviously).  I just need to change the ipthat im registered to or find
> > a way of including both my home and my dorm ip.  Any suggestions? :)
> > thanks
>
> just restart your xchat, mine does that too with dbguin sometimes.
>
> sofar

How about the ip change for my nick? How do i take care of that? And i
have restarted xchat.. but ill make doubly sure.. hmm.. seems to freeze
up.  Its not just dbguin though its freenode too.  This happened last
year when i was on campus no big surprise eventually ill figure out the
problem :).  Anyway, ill keep trying.  Thanks auke.
--
	-- Jeff

Truth will out this morning.  (Which may really mess things up.)