/etc/mtab && RO /

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Wed Aug 20 11:27:03 GMT 2003

Hi, evryone ;)))
Reading my daily webs, trying to get to know the competence :þ , I saw
this on  http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2003/33/ :
"Mounting the Root Filesystem read-only. Thomas Hood noted that one of
the remaining obstacles to running cleanly with the root filesystem
mounted read-only has been the mount program, which can only write the
mtab file in /etc/. If this file is a symbolic link then mount will not
write to it. People have wished that mount would follow a symlink so
that it could point somewhere like /run/mtab. Thomas has developed a
patch for this, so did Goswin von Brederlow." (includes links)
Wouldn't this be useful in Lunar ?
CU,
nestu ;)
--